Bits and pieces: infosec, bad arguments, and more
- Unlock the secrets of animals that survive freezing: a crowdfunded science project to sequence the genome of the North American wood frog. Thirteen days to go!
- Why information security is a joke.
- This week was Open Access week. While many researchers support the idea of Open Access, few see it as a consideration for publication. Also, there is the problem of Open Access publication fees being regressive.
- An illustrated book of bad arguments. Very useful.
- Evolution explained clearly, via these beautiful videos.
- Lior Pachter on the two-body opportunity.
- Finally, I’ll put this image here. When you see it…